Chicken Breast (Skinless)
|Quantity||Add to Basket|
£5.50 for 2 Chicken Breasts (approx. 340g total)
Grown for a minimum of 81 days, the traditional breed birds reared at Castlemead are free to roam grassy pastures and scratch about in the hedgerows expressing their natural behaviours and are fed an additive-free corn-rich diet. The result is a succulent free-range, slow-grown whole chicken with a wonderful depth of flavour.
Serving Suggestion: Allow 1 breast per person.
Produced in Somerset
If freezing, please do so on the day you receive this product.
Minimum 3 days
Please note that vac-packed chicken can sometimes have a strong smell and be darker in colour. Don't worry, just remove the plastic & let the meat rest for 10-15 minutes. The odour should disappear and the colour will return to normal.
These are different to Supermarket Chicken Breasts! They have a much more dense texture (due to bird developing more muscle as it ranges extensively across pastures) and a darker colour and superior gamey taste.
Tips for cooking the perfect chicken:
- Bring chicken up to room temperature before cooking (keep out of the fridge for 30 minutes before)
- Always rest chicken for 5 minutes after cooking
- As it’s such a lean cut, you can’t afford to overcook it
- keep an eye on it like you would a steak
- Bash the chicken to flatten slightly, this will tenderise the meat and ensure that it cooks evenly throughout without going dry