Grass Fed Beef Osso Buco
|Quantity||Add to Basket|
Grass Fed Beef Osso Buco - 600g: £6.55 / 1.20kg: £12 / 1.80kg: £17.50
Osso Buco is a robust piece of meat that's best known as a braising cut. Slow cooking on the bone imparts flavour the most amazing deep flavour, while the gelatinous marrow melts away, eventually leaving the hollow bone that gives this cut its name 'osso buco' which literally translates to 'bone hole’.
The marrow has plenty of nutritious benefits with plenty of vitamins and minerals and help create the best gravy you can make.
Easy Osso Buco Recipe
- mushrooms, parsley roots, carrots, cherry tomatoes, leek, garlic cloves, bay leaf, parsley
- corn starch, 2tbsp. butter, red wine
1. Wash leek, parsley root, carrots, handful of cherry tomatoes and mushrooms then roughly chop.
2. Coat beef shank with corn starch from all sides.
3. Preheat the pan, melt 2tbsp. of butter, put in the beef and fry until golden brown color.
4. Fry the vegetables and garlic cloves. Cook until golden brown color then add 200ml of red wine. Don't forget to scrape the bottom of the plan to collect all that flavour.
5. Place Osso Buco into the pan, cover with lid and leave for 5-10 min.
Add herbsand salt to taste. Cover with lid and cook for 5 hours on low-medium heat.
4. Finish off with chopped parsley.
Produced in Somerset.
Keep in original packaging & refrigerate.
Minimum 3 days
If freezing, please do so on the day you receive this product.