Grass Fed Beef Osso Buco
|Quantity||Add to Basket|
Grass Fed Beef Osso Buco - 600g: £6.55 / 1.20kg: £12 / 1.80kg: £17.50
Osso Buco is a robust piece of meat that's best known as a braising cut. Slow cooking on the bone imparts flavour the most amazing deep flavour, while the gelatinous marrow melts away, eventually leaving the hollow bone that gives this cut its name 'osso buco' which literally translates to 'bone hole’.
The marrow has plenty of nutritious benefits with plenty of vitamins and minerals and help create the best gravy you can make.
- Beef shank
- shiitake, parsley roots, carrots, cherry tomatoes
- leek, Rtanj herbs, garlic cloves, bay leaf, parsley
- corn starch, 2tbsp. butter, homemade red wine
- Wash leek,parsley root, carrots, handful of cherry tomatoes and shiitake in the nearest waterfall. Slice everything afterwards in half, chop the leek.
- Coat beef shank with corn starch from all sides.
- Preheat the pan, melt 2tbsp. of butter, put in the shank and fry until golden brown color. Remove the shank…
- … toss in the veggies and garlic cloves. Cook until golden brown color (golden-brown is our best friend). Add 200ml of homemade red wine.
- Place beef shank into the pan, cover with lid and leave for 5-10 min.
- Add herbs, few bay leaves and salt to taste. Cover with lid and cook for 5 hours on low-medium heat.
- Finish off with chopped parsley.
Produced in Somerset.
Keep in original packaging & refrigerate.
Minimum 3 days
If freezing, please do so on the day you receive this product.